Sunday, November 25, 2012

A change is good

Setting aside the butter, sugar, white flour, post traumatic Hub's wake up call has been amazing. At this writing, we have successfully updated and incorporated our menu. 360 degrees later, hub-a-licious has lost 43 much needed pounds and I have learned a new respect for what we put into our bodies.
My nature is to feed. Bad Kate.
I still have a penchant for pasta ladled with a rich marinara, which is a-ok. Just not the fatty ground chuck soaking in fat grease spaghetti sauce I once made.
After an alarming set back of A-Fib and devastating diagnosis of diabetes, changes have begun. Spent our honeymoon in the hospital, need I say more?
Most best advice from a family member of a patient, moderation is key.
Sugar is bad. It destroys arteries, veins, and makes us obese.
Still have a desire for Cool Ranch Doritos, my replacement is mini rice cakes, any flavor(black pepper/sea salt are my fav).

Onward and upward.

And I still have the desire to cook and soothe, just on a different level. Good Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment