Friday, March 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms for the lazy baker, via Bunny

Lazy baker, being me.
I'm not ashamed to admit it. And I even forgot to sprinkle sugar on the peanut butter blossom 'bars' that I so lazily decided to make into bars, since rolling out 1 inch balls was against my plan, and time, since I'm so BUSY and all....Not.
What turned out, was nothing short of, a lazy miracle!
Dredging through the archives of random recipes of a Mother in Law that I never had the pleasure of meeting, I found a very cryptic recipe for peanut butter blossoms. She wrote that recipe EXACTLY as I would have.....with measurements, but no definable instructions. In fact, the paper didn't even label the recipe as peanut butter blossoms, I just knew.
 I studied the way her penmanship was spot on, but to understand a recipe, minor details such as, what to next... need not be explained.
Bunny and I would have gotten along just fine.

Bunny's recipe: preheat oven to 375 degrees

1/2 c. oleo (I used room temp. butter)
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
Cream all ingredients together.
1- 1/2 c. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
Add dry ingredients to butter/ peanut butter mixture gradually with electric mixer. Towards the end, I had to hand mix ingredients, as the batter becomes stiff. In a 13 in. by 9 in. pan, add dough and spread out with hands until evenly distributed. Bake in oven for approx. 14 minutes. As Bunny put it, "jam peanut butter cups". With Hershey Kissses, "jam" as many as you like, depending on bar size. I sprinkled with powdered sugar, post baking, since I forgot to sprinkle with sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment