Thursday, February 3, 2011

Confessions of a Foodie- Uncut

Please forgive me, for I have decided to announce, loud and proud....my sins, or admittances, for all to dissect, pull apart, and sneer at. For I am human, living and breathing on this beautiful earth, I too, stray from the "cardinal rules" of the gourmand. Some of my cheap, tawdry indulgences would include the following:

Beef ravioli, straight out of the can, whether it be minis or full sized.....love it.
Macaroni and cheese, straight out of the box. When the G-babies whine they don't like my homemade version made from "stringy cheese," I completely understand. Duh...
I still love maraschino cherries, especially in a can of fruit cocktail with EXTRA maraschino cherries.
Tonight I made a casserole from a well known canned soup provider with CANNED chicken, broccoli, cheese, and rice. It was yummy, and I made a dessert from pistachio pudding and Cool Whip, we were all very happy.
Put a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos in front of me, and it's gone.
Yesterday, at 4 pm, I was sick of cooking. Today, too. Tomorrow, I will be ready to cook again.
Still can't do the fast food, for the most part....though I do like Panera's 1/2 Turkey Sandwich with the 1/2 Caesar, even though the Caesar isn't a real Caesar.
Much to the dismay of my Hubbs, I can eat eat beans of any origin, straight from the can......no rinsing needed.
I love cream cheese. A.K.A......creme fresch. Still make blue cheese dressing from this beloved block of processed cheese.
Today I craved a chipped ham and bologna sandwich, complete with yellow mustard and american cheese.
I make many mistakes cooking and eating, on a daily basis, it's very humbling, very frustrating, and enjoyable.

Just keeping it real.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha when you read my post tomorrow I'm not directing it towards you--i wrote it this morning and have it scheduled to post first thing tomorrow. There are more than a few references to my cool ranch addiction LOL

    ReplyDelete