Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Diamond in the Rough

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kings-Hotel-and-Bar/157278394342752

Somebody, put this place on a Google Search. I tried in vain to look it up via Internet...no luck.

Did you ever land in a tiny little restaurant/bar business that blew your socks off ? I'm talking food, not ambiance. This is the kind of arena that gets my attention. These little known, except by the locals, establishments that deserve full credit, where most take for granted.

Though, those Halloween lights did make me smile.

One bite into an entire 1/2 pound hamburger, and I am hooked. Served on a half of a Cellone's sausage roll, lightly toasted, with the exact toppings I ordered. The burger was PERFECT. Not dry, not over-cooked, just the right amount of fat to keep it moist.
My toppings requested: a carefully positioned layer of dill pickles, a hefty slice of onion, lettuce, sauteed mushrooms, cheese, and yellow mustard.
When my burger arrived, it was mostly burger and some bun. Just enough bread to hold, but the burger sung it's own praises well beyond. I'm still smiling at it's glory !
With the toppings, it cost $4.45. Holla !!!

Hub's has ordered the wings, that come whole, and cooked to a crispy perfection, with a Carolina sauce that is slightly sweet, smokey, and pure delicious.

And there's the steak hoagie. And the hand-cut fries. Tears.

I'm still trying to finish the burger, no success yet, but Hub's usually picks up my slack. If dreams were a reality, I would lick my plate clean. I'm seriously trying.

Owned and run by Mike, aka "Mick", and his wife Gail. Located in Smithton, PA. Known as Kings Hotel, but referred to as "Kings". Two very gracious individuals that run the business by their gut and instinct. Of which, I appreciate. Keep up the awesome work.

No comments:

Post a Comment