Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tricks and Treats

For some reason I'm super geeked for Halloween. Typically, it doesn't excite me and lost it's luster about 18 years ago.
 But this year it's different.
Perusing the Kraft food website I hit the Halloween button and here's what I found:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/Community/recipe-exchange/userrecipedisplay.aspx?user_recipe_id=135995&group_id=1



Ghosts in the Graveyard.
The only thing I would make an adjustment to the recipe is to cream the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar together until smooth prior to adding milk, pudding mix, etc... I had some unsightly lumps and had to wave my "magic wand" to get those darned lumps out. But seriously, kids and adults will LOVEEEE this!!!

And another one on the same website:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-jack-o-lantern-114126.aspx

I'm renaming this one  Jack a Licious Cheesy Ball


The recipe idea was taken from Kraft's website, but here's my recipe for a classic, simple cheese ball.

2- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
3 scallions thinly sliced- save tops for "stem"
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 to 2 c. shredded cheddar
2 pieces sandwich pepperoni- cut into small triangles

Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, scallions, Worcestershire, and 1/2 c. cheddar. Stir to combine. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes then mold cheese ball into pumpkin shape. Roll in cheddar to coat. Place tops of remaining scallions on top for "stem." Make pumpkin "face" with pepperoni. Serve with assorted crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment